Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Draig Weddings, who are they? :)

So who exactly ARE Draig Weddings and whats this Blog all about?

Well, Draig Weddings is the Wedding portion of Draig Photography. This is Nick and Jana, a husband and wife team of Professional Photographers located in the Conroe/Woodlands area of Houston Texas.

I, Nick, am originally from the United Kingdom. I moved to Texas approx. 7 years ago and have made it my home. I started photography at an early age out of curiosity and the art it entails. I was supported by my Engineer father and Artist mother. I was very involved in photography all through school and later took freelance work for local publications.
I became a professional Diver and later a Mini-Sub pilot, both of which still heavily utilised the imaging media. I also had a chance to work with the BBC.
I have much experience in the photographic fields of Event work, photojournalism, modelling/portraiture and Weddings.

Jana, my lovely wife, also started her photography addiction at an early age. First in high school (with a major role in yearbooks) and later in Professional labs right here in Houston Texas. She also ran a studio for some time. She accompanies me on most assignments and loves portraits and weddings as much as myself. Her technical background in Lab work is such a blessing and her eye for shots compliments mine.
We make a great Team!

So why this Blog?
Well, everyone has one nowadays don't they? lol, just kidding. This is planned to be a "diary" if you will on our life and business. It will serve to help our clients both past and present and hopefully help some people understand a little more on what goes into Professional Photography. To see a little into "our" world. What things and circumstances can make a great photograph truly Spectacular! Also I hope to write some tips and advice, both for clients old/new/prospective and other Photographers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment